6th Workshop on AAM Infrastructure
20 september 2022 08:00 - 22 september 2022 17:00
VFS is hosting its 6th Workshop on Advanced Air Mobility (AAM) Infrastructure on Sept. 20-22 in Dayton, Ohio. This two-day meeting is the sixth in a series of solution-focused workshops.
This year’s workshop will focus on infrastructure operations and safety as they relate to electric aircraft capabilities and performance. The workshop sessions will include presentations from key players and experts from the industry.
- Provide an open forum to stakeholders and interested parties from industry and applicable government and regulatory bodies to discuss Operations & Safety requirements and expectations as they relate to AAM technology and infrastructure.
- Conduct facilitated discussions regarding key Operational & Safety questions pertaining to AAM infrastructure to better understand potential eVTOL aircraft limitations and aerodynamic deficiencies that must be considered in future infrastructure development.
- Identify collaborative research and development opportunities necessary for creating safe infrastructure design standards based on aircraft performance criteria.
- Build upon existing safety data to identify pre-competitive areas where proactive industry collaboration would be valuable in accelerating adoption.
- Identify collaborative opportunities between industry and government agencies that will benefit the UAM industry.
- Draft consensus-based strategies to advance infrastructure Operations and Safety at key Federal, State and Local levels.
- Rex Alexander, 5-Alpha
- Cliff Johnson, FAA Tech Center
In order to maximize the educational opportunity and the diversity of attendees, we plan to set the registration rates very low.
Note: Since this is a working meeting, members of the press are welcome to attend, but attributions made by FAA employees must be reviewed by the FAA Communications team.
The Vertical Flight Society, founded in 1943 as the American Helicopter Society, is the world’s leading professional organization working to advance vertical flight. VFS has been a leading advocate and supporter of what we call “The Electric VTOL Revolution.” We held the world’s eVTOL technical meeting in 2014; we now have 200+ hours of informative and educational videos on electric VTOL. A summary of the work that VFS and its partners have done, along with information on previous events and activities, can be found on this webpage.
Please contact Jim Sherman for more information.